The Duke Law Journal is published eight times per year. We invite the submission of unsolicited articles, essays, and comments, and we review every submission we receive.
Manuscripts should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please conform text and citations to the 20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation. We are unlikely to accept submissions that substantially deviate from Bluebook form.
- Please provide a cover letter including your name, school or affiliation, title of your manuscript, address, telephone number, and email address. At this time we do not accept submissions from non–Duke Law students.
- We encourage but do not require the provision of an abstract and conformity with the 16th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Please review our article length, editing, and Open Access policies before submitting articles to the Journal.
- We do not typically publish comments.
- We do not publish notes from students outside Duke Law School.
We anticipate accepting submissions for the Volume 69 in February 2019.
We also accept mailed submissions at the address below. We regret that manuscripts cannot be returned.
Duke Law Journal
Duke University School of Law
210 Science Drive
Durham, NC 27708